Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: ideal manga plot ideas

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wondering what the boards favourite situations in a (yaoi) manga would be.
    Personally, I like angst, but only if I can really get into the characters. They've got to be cool, too. Stylish, like a minekura kazuya manga.
    I like pretty pretty guys, but whiny, pushover ukes dont have much appeal. I'd rather see a nasty, unwilling bad guy uke, or a slutty uke. XD
    I used to like school stories, but at the moment, I like salarymen.

    So, how about other people?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Tabris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm an all out angst fanatic ^_^; Maybe that's why I like AoeXNaoya so much... I'm also not very big on PWPs, I'd rather have tons of plot and character development than steamy scenes.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nixterblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    situations.. hmmmmmm.... ^^;; since i'm a Tsu X Hiso addict lemme relate this to them. ^_^ i LOVE it when Tsusuki does something nice for Hisoka and Hisoka starts blushing... hehe.. and yup, i don't really wait for them to become a couple, i like seeing development rather than all lovey-dovey stuff.. no offense. ^^;;

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to like angst in yaoi a lot, but Bronze's overkill of it turned me off from that. Plus, it always seems that someone dies in the angsty stories I read and the lovers live happily ever after in death, but I'm just not the Romeo and Juliet type. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Tastefully done angst is still something I'm interested in though.

    Er...I like it when both characters act like guys. I adore feminine looking characters, but I can't stand a guy who acts like a girl. (eg: shy, quite, submissive, crybaby) As for plotlines, the more unique, the better! I've read enough school boy stories and business stories to fill a room, so I'm pretty bored of those. Some unique plots I've read about are gardeners and a guy who takes home anything/one (such as signs on the street, the head off of a frog statue, the local man whore, etc.) when he's drunk. I do like the very typical boy prostitute club stories though. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Funny stories are the best though. ^^ Love Mode for instance... ^^

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooo! I read the one with the guy taking the frog's head home...personally I agree with Crisis on the girly ukes...they are just too girly with no backbone...and well I personally think they are guys possessed by girls. I'm fine with most genres but PWP are a real turn off...no plot only sex=brain cell killing and I still need my brain cells to think up how to plan out my online manga(Don't forget studies)...if I ever get a scanner or if I would ever feel satisfied with my characs...

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ember, where did you read about the guy taking the frog head home? Was it a scanlation? I've been thinking about scanlating it because that guy is the funniest thing ever, but if it's already been done, I won't do it. ^^** (This is the same comic with the masochist in it, right?)

    PWP...yum yum. ^^ Sometimes it's nice to just read a yaoi manga without all that extra plot in the way. ^^ I would call Love Master a pretty good PWP manga.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, it wasn't scanlated, I've a copy of the book at home.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And yeah..it's the one with the masochist guy and his lover, who says hes' something like a beetle..

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh goody. I'm going to scanlate that then. Really soon, now that I have the sudden incentive to do so!

    (For anyone else who's interested, that's the "Pet of Love" book I was talking about earlier. I cancelled it on the scanlations list, but I guess I'll stick it back on. ^^)

    I also think the first story was pretty cute. ^^

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, the one where the guy pretends to be an idiot so that his crush would take care of him...and I like the one about the hairdresser and the train thin-(claps hand over mouth) Oo...no spoiling the story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •